(To do this, go to “NOTES” under tabs on your “PROFILE” page (you may have to add the tab by clicking on the + sign), click on “Compose New Messsage” and paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. Alan and I reconnected, fell in love and got married all in a span of less than a year.
2. I’ve always wanted a son and got my wish, although it came after 2 miscarraiges.
3. Things I collect: Postcards (New York Modern and Vintage, Philippine Modern and Vintage, Maps and Lighthouses); Pencils (souvenirs and unique types); STARBUCKS mugs (I have almost a hundred now!)
4. I still write letters longhand and actually enjoy writing more than I like to e-mail.
5. I am a francophile, (hence the blog http://pinayfrancophile.blog.com which I have been neglecting of late) and hope to go back to France for a third trip this year, God-willing..
6. I am a hybrid scrapper – I do actual and digital scrapping and am ambitiously trying to create my own downloadables to share.
7. I blog for my personal benefit so I don’t care about stats, readers and revenue at pinaynewyorker.com
8. I am a chocoholic — and even if I’ve sampled Marcolini, Dalyanov, Fauchon, Neuhaus, etc. — I cast my vote for Lindt as the best milk chocolate ever!!!
9. I love to travel — and my most daring adventure is traveling to Chartres (the Paulinian in me!) on my own speaking no French, on my first trip to France in 2005. Haven’t quite gotten into it seriously but I am trying and hoping to learn passable French for next time.
10. I discovered I could actually cook when I got here to the US. (Good enough to shock my mom when she stayed with me off and on for three years when I had Angelo in 2004.)
11. I was the female voice in the original “LOUNINGNING”, a novelty rap by Denmark aka Marky D released in the early 90s. (A ditty I hope most people have never heard or forgotten.. LOL)
12. I composed the graduation song and the corps song of SPCQC ’83.
13. I taught myself how to play guitar using the Jingle magazine chord chart.
14. Although I don’t go to mass reguarly, I am a Marian Devotee.
15. Like Alan, I am an adventurous eater, so we enjoy trying out new restaurants.
16. I learned how to drive but don’t.
17. I love to take pictures and am actually experimenting on turning my photos into a possible business.
18. I’m actually not the eldest child — I had a brother who died at birth, born four years ahead of me.
19. I went to college to get to law school, and I chose my pre-law course based on the fact that it only required 3 units of Math.
20. I write HTML code long hand.
21. I’m a Daddy’s girl but I’m closer to my mom.
22. I paint my own nails and I do Alan’s.
23. I miss my Tita Lydia who stayed with us and made sure we spoke correct English, were dressed right, and behaved well. (She passed away in 1992)
24. I crochetted or knitted the winter scarves I wear.
25. I like that Alan and I still hold hands as he drives, while we watch a movie, or as we walk around the mall.