No, I haven’t quite started scrapping again, but I’ve been drawn to a project I have been trying to pull off rather unsuccessfully. I’ve been experimenting, and so far, what I’ve found are the things I’m NOT supposed to do. So I haven’t quite found a way around my dilemma yet. I’m trying to create my own “alpha” (alphabet set) from the headers and copy found in these two magazines I’m using for this project. I tried scanning, but even a high res scan showed the pixelization of the print.
So I’m trying something different by taking photographs of the print and then picking out the letters I need. (See sample above) and it didn’t quite measure up to what I had hoped to produce. And I’m still trying.
I’ve been lugging the magazine I hope to tear to pieces over this new project — and I am trying to decide whether or not I should give up the idea of creating the alphas and instead head straight for embellishments. That’s the real challenge there.