Daily Prompt: Scribble down the first ten words that come to mind. Pick three of them. There’s your post title. Now write!
Words: Saturday, morning, sunny, quiet, buzz, weekend, chocolate, postcards, thoughts, way
I know.. not that wild a title — and really, not a wild set of 10 words to choose from. But I’m trying to “push” myself to write on this lazy, sunny Saturday. I just realized it’s already noon. I keep thinking “morning” — but it’s noon already. (Just prepared lunch for the mother-in-law who wants to take us all out to lunch.)
My normally quiet place that buzzes with the TV or DVD is a little busier with some workmen replacing the shingles on our roofs. Our unit had its turn yesterday — they’re doing the ones across the courtyard today. I guess that’s where “buzz” came in.
I am halfway done through with my online grocery shopping. We used to think it was more expensive, but when you go down to the last cent and factor in convenience, delivery, and most importantly, quality, it helps. It’s just that they don’t carry all the brands I need, and there are simply those brands I need to get at cheaper prices at the wholesaler.
I’m thinking about the things on my plate this weekend.
1) I have two swaps I need to finish for swap-bot.
2) I have Andreanna’s owl picture frame magnet with the magnet I got glued to its back hanging from my fridge door in a sort of experiment. I’m hoping the 3/4 inch diameter circular magnet will hold it, and so far, it hasn’t disappointed.
3) Snail mail: Letter to Gina, card to P.
4) I want to create a piece for myself and for the store.
5) I need to do the cold wash delicates I can’t wash with the jeans and other clothes that have those dangerous zippers that can rip a hole or what not in them.
Sounds like a lot. I have approximately 36 hours until the weekend is over — let’s see how far I go.
We got stuck in traffic last night no thanks to a fire on the 59th Street Bridge. We ended up snaking our way out of Manhattan — with the usual 20-minute drive out with traffic turning into a two hour delay. Thanks to the traffic, though, I was able to finish the blog post preceding this and promptly published it when I got home. (Hence, no five-minute blog posts.)
Saturdays are usually reserved for errands after lunch. I’ll make a guess it’ll be Bobby’s Burger Palace — or maybe not. In any case, I have to start getting ready. Even that takes time. So what have you been up to this Saturday?