It’s Sunday evening and like every Sunday in my daily readings from Kerygma Family, I look back at the blessings of the previous week. I was sort of sidelined by a bad infection which threatened to take over my immune system but I made a strong come back after resting it away at home. No fever, but my neck ached liked crazy due to swollen lymph nodes. I’m okay now but still exhausted — so I’m trying to take it slow.
Tonight, I’m thankful and happy about…
1. Finally some good temperatures that are not in the teens and which actually allowed us to go out with jackets but no scarves today. (40s!)
2. Getting Angelo’s science project going. (We conducted the experiment but still have halfway to go with his partner, Ryan.)
3. Finding a ring I had misplaced. I wear three rings daily — and I take them off when I do my chores. One, somehow, found its way to another bin away from the two, but they’re a happy threesome again.
4. Family lunch at Waterzooi, a place we used to visit and went back to again. Loved their Baked French Onion Soup (upper right picture in the collage below) and shared Alan’s Paella Moules Frites (bottom pictures). Ended up eating Angelo’s burger, but I’m not complaining. The promise of doing things differently.. keeps me hopeful.
5. Completing my “HOPE” multi-page layout for Art Journal Every Day in my altered book.
This one was done quicker than I had thought it would be, although I’ve had to retake the layout graphics over and over again because of changes to the drawings. The journaling pretty much stayed as is, then I had to blur them out. I’m happy to be able to work consistently on journaling no matter how short my window to work on the pages may be.
I’m now working on another multi-page layout, “BELIEVE”, but will write a feature on “HOPE” before I post anything on any other work in progress.
Another week and another month ahead… can you believe January has ended? And yes, we’re officially into the Year of the Horse which is my year although my element is Fire… That only means I’m turning 48 (because I’m certainly not turning 60 YET)… another year.
Thankful and happy, and feeling blessed I am.