I wanted to write this last night but I spent the better part of my evening (way past midnight) creating new postings in the shop — Finally! I’m working two ways, doing the posts straight from the iPhone via the Etsy Sellers Ap and on the laptop where it was easier to do final tweaks. And after finishing a post, I had to do digital marketing via Instagram, Pinterest and Flickr.
But let’s get to the business of my Friday Five last week and this weekend’s. So how did I do against last week’s list?
1. Send more postcards out (and maybe a letter).. Yes, I did manage to send one and have another half dozen in the works. Getting there, Mr. Postman!
2. Re-list at least 2 items in the shop. No, I didn’t get to relist anything, but I did list three items!
3. Continue to wire wrap crochet undrilled gemstone nuggets. This is where I didn’t fare too well but it was only because I concentrated on finishing pieces for the shop throughout the week. Beyond the 3 already listed, I actually have 9 more already done and photographed, just needing to be formally listed and posted.
5. Go back to my Art Journal Every Day entries this weekend and hopefully do some journaling. Another YES! (See below.)
So as you can see, I did pretty well against my list of “doable and achievable” things to make progress through the weekend. And now for this week’s Friday Five:
1. Create more pieces for the shop and list more items. I actually have some interesting pieces in my head which I need to execute. I’m also all excited about some guage 34 gold wire I found (!) which I hope to experiment with. (I know I’m talking Greek to you folks out there who don’t have any idea what I’m talking about..)
2. Start reorganizing my supplies according to component type instead of material. Instead of “Antique brass”, “Gold”, or “Silver-plated”, I am going to try doing “chains”, “ear findings”, “components”.
3. Write a letter. This is one task which should be pretty easy but which is not going anywhere. I’m trying. It’s just that when I write longhand, I REALLY write, so it takes a bit of time to get the task done.
4. Go back to reading the Bible. We aim to read so many things but it is rare for anyone to be able to say they’ve read the Bible from cover to cover. I have been trying to catch up with my Kerygma e-mails but I’m still behind. I had started reading the New Testament and had finished the Book of Matthew but have stalled. My Bible is waiting in my Nook reader and I was hoping to have progressed beyond Mark by now. This week, I will go back!
5. Finish my Art Journal Every Day post on Mother’s Day. — which was last week, yes, but I had already started it.
It’s nice out today after days of muggy, foggy and rainy weather. (It poured last night!) I’m glad I might not need to wear my fall boots out today — I hope. It’s still cold. Some people are saying we will not really have a real spring but will instead jump from Winter to a scorching summer. I sure hope not..
I have so much more to write about the previous week but I don’t have the time or luxury to do it right now. Need to get ready for the boy’s dentist appointment and there are the usual Saturday errands.
Meanwhile, check out the shop where the following items are now available for sale:
Have a great weekend, everyone!