Last week’s Friday Five went well for the first two but the last three are staying on my list.
1. Create more pieces for the shop and list more items.
I have actually been on a creative streak all week. It has me all excited because I’m actually being creative and not just pulling things together using the styles I had used through the last couple of years.
New ideas are coming to me which has me looking at the whole process of producing my pieces differently. More to come in the shop!
2. Start reorganizing my supplies according to component type instead of material.
3. Write a letter.
4. Go back to reading the Bible.
5. Finish my Art Journal Every Day post on Mother’s Day. — which was last week, yes, but I had already started it
Hence this week’s Friday Five is as follows:
1. Write a letter. Why could something be so simple so difficult to do .. hopefully this weekend. (A loooooong weekend, at that!)
2. Go back to reading the Bible. I’m actually hoping to tick this off of next week’s list by carving out regular time every day.
3. Finish my Art Journal Every Day post on Mother’s Day. — It comes in stops and starts and I haven’t touched the art journal for a while now. Hopefully that will change with a three-day weekend just started. I really can use the extra day to the weekend to recharge.
4. Sort the clothes that Angelo has outgrown. Right about the only person who doesn’t realize how much he’s growing up is the boy, and I hate having to make him change from a shirt he’s already obviously outgrown to somethings that fits better. I’ve been culling the smaller size shirts/jeans from his wardrobe through the winter, but I think I can do another sweep through. His hand-me-downs go to a box I send home for an impoverished community where my Mom stays most of the year now.
5. Start reading again. Where will I find the time, right? But that was one of the things I wanted to do this year — read more. Like every year. And reading the Bible doesn’t count. There is just so much literature out there — and even on my book shelf and digital library, unread.
It must seem like I keep listing things down and not actually getting things done. It feels like the last 8 months of my life has had me just in limbo — floating in space. I feel the ground under my feet most days now. I can look at the sunset and see beauty instead of sadness that the day has ended or relief that it has. I haven’t quite landed on my feet solidly just yet.. but maybe soon. Hopefully soon.