A note from Pinay New Yorker: I could’ve sworn I had published this post but when I went to the blog, I didn’t see it there. Instead there was its original draft in my draft folder, but I knew I had completed it. I found it in one of the tabs on the iPad and cut and paste it here. Weird, I know. So take 2…
It’s starting to get busy because of an upcoming event we have during the third week of June at work, so there is even less time to do any of my “me” stuff. In fact, I’m had taken some work home this weekend just to get a head start on the work this coming week.
But at least my focus remains and there is the sense of moving forward even if it seems like I can’t even keep the “Friday” part consistent. (Writing this on a Sunday.. =(..)
This weekend was all about “taking care of ME” and I made time to make an appointment for the nail salon (which I have a hard time making because it’s just not on top of my list), and I even got some waxing done (face only) which I’m trying to be good with. I’ll say it again, we have to take care of ourselves so we can take care of others well. I have not created a single piece but have been organizing my supplies — and I can’t wait to create some pieces from semi-precious gemstones I bought for myself. (It might sound strange but I usually go economical on pieces for sale — but when it’s a piece for myself, I indulge. My favorite acquisitions are grade A freshwater pearls and labradorites, and I treasure the strands from BFF Ces who had gotten them from trips to the South back home in connection with her work for a real estate/hotel conglomerate in the Philippines..)
What happened to last week’s Friday Five?
1. Write a letter. Uhmmm.. top on my list for the coming week.
2. Go back to reading the Bible. Still struggling to carve out time but today I’m catching up.
3. Finish my Art Journal Every Day post on Mother’s Day.. Did an entry in it but didn’t quite get anywhere near finishing it, so I’m not going to cross this out just yet.
4. Sort the clothes that Angelo has outgrown. Got a good pile going so in a sense, I have begun.
5. Start reading again. Will try again.
Should I call this post My Sunday Five? (Maybe just for this week.)
1. Write a letter. Might even get one done before the night is over.
2. Create a new ‘Thank You’ card for the Etsy shop. Selling on Etsy is a whole production which goes beyond the piece for sale. There’s the packaging and the other notes that go with it beyond the receipt. I remember days before when shipping was stalled because of the fact that I didn’t have it in stock, so I had to create it all before shipping. Not again.
3. Finish my Art Journal Every Day post on Mother’s Day.. An entry at a time… getting there.
4. Throw away the old, old magazines that I have no use for. What can I say, I love paper. It’s hard to for me throw anything away related to paper, but I’ve started with my printed paper so I’m getting there.
5. Concenrate on Necklaces and Earrings this week – production wise. I’ve been posting bracelets right and left but I have a ton of ideas for necklaces that I need to start working on. I already have 3 produced and ready for posting, but I should keep working on it.
It was a good weekend and the weather was fantastic, and we’re hoping it holds for the coming week. We might get lucky yet. Here’s to a good week for everyone!