I’m seriously thinking of renaming this the Saturday Five because I always end up doing them on a Saturday. But it doesn’t sound quite right.
Some progress this week:
1. Write those letters. I will still try.
Post those earrings! I actually managed to post five items and these are now available in the shop.
3. Work on the Thank You Postcard Project page. Been working on it but not the the site itself iwhich s private for now and I have it as a separate blog from this, but I have started uploading to its Instagram Account. Below is one of the first few I’ve uploaded and you can search for it via hashtag. (#thethankyoupostcardproject) These are also available on my Pinterest account.
4. Send some test postcards out. I’m pulling back on this for now because I want to make some specifically to test with. I don’t want to touch what I already have in the 200+ postcards with backgrounds ready to be worked on.
Bake some polymer clay pieces this week. I’ve been pouring a lot of work into polymer clay and so far I’ve managed to make maybe half a dozen beads and molds, but my major polymer clay experiment fell flat. But that’s what experiments are for, so I’m glad to report that I am at least working on it.
So here goes this week’s Friday’s Five:
1. Write those letters. I will still try. I am working on some handmade cards and might even come out with a tutorial in Gotham Chick (my craft blog), so at least one card, I think will go out.
2. Post the almost finished bracelets and necklaces in the shop. I have some mother of pearl bead bangles that are ready for posting but need some finishing because of the extender chain with charm I wanted to add. That should be done this weekend, and he posts up before next Friday.
3. Finish at least one more background at the end of my altered book. I’ve gone back to art journaling and was just finishing one layout for an entry, but I have around 20 spreads in the book that are still plain book pages. The idea is to create journal ready spreads as I go along. One or two more entries in the back of the bok would be nice.
4. Destash more magazine by going through them and getting what I need. I have been cutting out letters connected to the Thank You Postcard Project and hope to do that with the other magazines I mean to throw out.
5. Create more polymer clay beads. I worked on some molds last night meant to help with textures and I hope to create more this weekend. (Has to be this weekend.)
It might seem like I’m rehashing the previous week’s list but that’s the whole point of this. I created this list to help me focus on deliverables that are achievable, and I like that it’s kept me committed to ticking off something each week.
It was beautiful yesterday but the clouds are back. Not a happy morning outside but I’m not complaining because the sun is going to be tolerable. Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!