Can you believe summer’s almost over? It’s August!! I think I’ve done pretty well for summer although there’s still a lot that I need to take care of. Soon enough. I know trying not to stress about it has a tendency to get me complacent and totally behind. But the intention is there.
There are days when it’s hard enough to get one foot in front of the other so to speak. When you think about the so-called “big picture”, you realize there are so many cogs and wheels running through your whole life. So many little things making up the “whole”. Baby steps, some say. It’ll eventually get you moving forward.
So let’s move forward with our usual list.. Last week, this is what I had set to do:
1. Write those letters. Yes, I got one done, but I hope to write more!
2. Post the almost finished bracelets and necklaces in the shop. This will have to go to the following week.
3. Finish at least one more background at the end of my altered book. I tried, but I’ve been journalinlg!
4. Create more polymer clay beads. In progress..
5. Complete a bunch of THANK YOU POSTCARDS. Does one count?
I still have the weekend to accomplish something. But here’s my next Friday Five:
1. Write more letters.
2. Post more than just relisted items in the shop. I have a bunch of items that expired over the last couple of days which I have relisted, but I want the shop to continue to grow. I need to create more pieces. I think one stumbling block is that I keep wanting to create “new” designs but I have a ton to work with by using what I already have.
3. Finish at least one more background at the end of my altered book. Work has been busy because of my vacation last week so I haven’t had much free time. Things will hopefully ease up this coming week and I will be able to take this off my list next week.
4. Create more polymer clay beads. I’ve done great progress here although I’m waiting until the weekend to bake them. Instead of concentrating on ‘pieces’, I’m trying just focus on “beads” and I’ve had more success there.
5. Continue building my THANK YOU POSTCARD PROJECT blog and completing more pieces. I’m still a little hesitant to “launch” the project because I want all the little pieces to be ready. I think I’m doing okay as it is. There is really no deadline for the project and I’d rather wait when it’s ready rather than scramble to pull something together and then have it all blow up in my face.
There are times when I want to just keep going and keep drawing or creating through the night. I literally have to drag myself back to bed as I remind myself there’s work the following day. But at least it’s Friday!! Weekend’s here…