For some reason, I haven’t been “here”, so my last post was last week’s Friday Five. This is becoming a bit staid, don’t you think? I think it just reflects how my life has been. Not particularly busy, but moving in all directions.. or not. It’s hard to explain, so before I blabber on, let me put down my progress report on last week’s Friday Five:
So let’s move forward with our usual list.. Last week, this is what I had set to do:
1. Write more letters. I managed to finish at least another one. And that’s good enough.
2. Post more than just relisted items in the shop. Uhm.. next please.
3. Finish at least one more background at the end of my altered book. Believe it or not, I did this background as I hit “publish” on the previous week’s post. I took out a plain white paper napkin, tore off the second layer and sprayed and waited for it to dry. See below.
I think it’ll need at least a coat of Mod Podge — to follow.
4. Create more polymer clay beads. I got busy making pieced flower doodles. So this’ll be something to do this weekend.
5. Continue building my THANK YOU POSTCARD PROJECT blog and completing more pieces. No on the blog, but yes to more pieces… I’m not too happy about the ones you see here, but it’s a start. At least I know now what I don’t want to do.
This weekend’s Friday Five:
1. Write more letters.
2. List new items. (Meaning to create one of my multi-charm necklaces per Lou’s query on pricing. Coming soon!)
3. Create more polymer clay beads and additional pieces for posting. I am determined to work on my transluscent clay this weekend. I tried creating a transluscent cane midweek but wasn’t happy at all with the results. So I’m trying something else. I also stacked the beads and discs that have been baked and it makes me want to create more..
4. Sort and store away the postcards that are “out” in the open. I haven’t been good with this but hope to send out what I can and store what I should. The postcard collector in the Pinay New Yorker has been in exile… bring her back!!!
5. Work on a THANK YOU POSTCARD PROJECT blog post and continue on with the project. I must confess that this project has been a very good “escape” for me, be it in its very essence (trying to spread some kindness to the rest of the world postally) or in working on its elements (like doodling and cutting and assembling the pieced paper flowers). Will it ever get off the ground? Hopefully.
Not for anything but I might not be back until next Friday. I will try. This is not a good week for me but I am trying to stay positive.
Robin William’s passing has made me think of many things I want to write about. As a fan, a parent, someone struggling against her own bouts of being lost. But that’s another blog post altogether. It might be too hard to write right now, but I will get to it.
There are many things I am reflecting on after finding myself celebrating yet another milestone here — 15 years in the US. It feels like half a lifetime. I don’t feel there is anything to celebrate, but there are many things to reflect upon. So reflect, I will.
I am trying to conquer the angry demons in my heart. I don’t like how negative thoughts weigh me down. So I think of being thankful — I try to concentrate on that. I don’t like how my anxiety creeps up on me as I sleep. I end up staying up so late trying to avoid closing my eyes.
I wait until I cannot postpone sleep any longer so that when I put my head down, sleep comes quickly.
Have a restful weekend, everyone.