The week has been long but nice. One of those weeks when a lot happened but didn’t necessarily wreak havoc on my sanity and health. There were a lot of moments that saw me smiling. There were a lot of happy moments. Plenty enough that the usual worries were but a hum in the background.
Here’s my progress report:
Cut my flower embellishments for my Thank You Postcard Project.
2. Finish the polymerclay earrings I had put together three weeks ago. Life was just too hectic, but will do this weekend.
Paint the multi-window page I had cut out o f my altered book. Just have to keep going.
Mail the letter to GINA!!! Now have to write another..
5. Start photographing my Starbucks mugs again. This weekend?
My weekends come and go, mostly unplanned. I’m very spontaneous in that regard. I look at weekends as a flowing 48 hours that are rarely planned in advance. For example, I’m thinking about breakfast but I’m not fixated on planning for it.
I just want my “Michael’s” fix, and I make a mental note of my shopping list. I think of what treat I will indulge in, and then I keep my fingers crossed the sun will come out and I’ll have more things to smile about.
All I’m thinking about is maybe creating a piece for myself, but here’s next week’s Friday Five.
1. Send out two prototype Thank You Postcards for a test run.
2. Finish the polymerclay earrings I had put together three week ago.
3. Continue to paint the multi-window page I had cut out of my altered book.
4. Write Donna a letter.
5. Start photographing my Starbucks mugs again.
I’m exhausted but “happy” exhausted. I feel like I had done a lot.. between the elevator rides, a department luncheon that was a big hit, and trying to keep the department happy, I’m totally bushed. But again, I feel good. I know the boss was happy (which was what mattered), and I feel I accomplished a lot.
Here’s hoping everyone has a good weekend wherever the weekend finds you.