At the beginning of the year, I did two things in particular referencing the year just ended and the one beginning. I went back through a list I had written in 2014, and I wrote up a new list with the hashtag title above. I’m reproducing the list here and tallying what I have to show for the first quarter of the year. Again, more of a list of reminders for myself.
I just went over the list and realized that I am not doing very well in many respects with regards to following through on what I had hoped to accomplish. I think it’s a good practice to check back periodically and see what I have actually done.
1. Read six books (one every two months should be doable) – You’d think with the Kindle app on my phone and several books to be read sitting in my digital library, I’d have no problem saying I’m doing good by this one every two months. Plus, I actually have a hard copy book I was hoping to read.. (Still haven’t done it, though.) Reminder to self: READ.
2. Take a trip to visit old girlfriends from SPCP/SPCQC — on my own — so that’s either Boston or California. – This one’s going to take some planning.. it might happen in May (there’s a Paulinian gathering in Virginia), or maybe not.
3. Do another craft fair and learn new techniques. (Visit one, not sell in one.) – This one, I have an excuse for. I have to follow the craft fair schedule. While there was one nearby, weekends are not that easy to pull off at this point.
4. Take my little guy to ComicCon 2015. (A request that was made just today and which Mommy committed to make happen.. note to self: buy tickets early!) – This one, I have until October to fulfill!
5. Take at least one actual class beyond online. (Yes, Elaine.) – Next term.
6. Watch at least 1 concert — hopefully Billy Joel’s at Madison Square Garden.. MAYBE day after my birthday. – Well, I was vacillating between buying tickets and not, basically because I didn’t know if I would go alone or take someone, and if I did, who I was taking. When I finally decided I would buy the tickets anyway and just decide on who to take later, the date was sold out. So that’ll have to wait for later in the year.
7. Watch at least 1 play or musicale on Broadway. (Yes, it’s just a hop, skip and a jump away from where I work and I didn’t watch any last year.) – This one, I will do after I return from Manila.
8. Go to the gym at least once a week — and maybe even earn a locker! (Go 10x the previous month and you get YOUR OWN LOCKER the following month.) – Uhm.. pass.
9. Lose another 10 lbs at least before April. (Lost over 20 in 2014!) – This is turning out to be more difficult as I have plateaued seriously. I have been trying to break it, but the struggle has been more not to gain any more pounds.
10. Tweet/Instagram at least one positive thought every week. (I thought “everyday” would be too big a commitment to make.) – This, I’m proud to say, I’ve been very good with. In fact, I’ve been thinking of doing a separate post just to tally what has been uploaded so far.
11. Find a rehearsal studio and actually spend an hour just touching the piano keys again. – Last weekend, I printed off the music sheet I got, bound it for easy skimming through on the piano and planned, although not seriously, to go into a rehearsal studio in the city. But there was the gown. So instead, I spent a good part of over an hour in a fitting room, trying to find my right size and fit. So no rehearsal studio.
12. Spend a Saturday a month, on my own,just roaming NYC or some other place nearby. (Do something “only in New York”..) – While this has taken effort, I have managed to do this by spending one Saturday meeting a friend in the city, and the last two Saturdays doing personal errands I would otherwise normally rush through on a week day. Again, I owe posts to chronicle these, but will get down to doing that starting this weekend.
13. Leave one preloved book out in the open once a month for someone else to enjoy/read. – Soon.
14. Destash: Give 5 items away from my current stash (clothes, books, art supplies, postcards) every month. – I have been good with the “give away” part, but have been slow on the 5. But since I just sent back a balikbayan box with old clothes and other things for destashing two weeks ago, I guess I’m good? I should document it, though. Just to make sure I’m keeping with the goal.
15. Write one letter long-hand every month. – Proud to say this one, I’ve been good with.
Two posts in one day.. wow.. and I have a third brewing in my head. Friday is proving to be quite a productive one, even with the snow we’re reportedly getting later in the day. Bundle up, New York!