1. Find a suitable box to store my gown in. Still trying to find one.
2. Redo the rose quartz pieces I unstrung. Started cleaning the rose quartz of the oxidation. (Yay! Some progress here..)
3. Do my own version of the Proust questionnaire. (Blog post in progress.) Still trying.
4. Sort the art supplies I got from National Bookstore. (Chinese paintbrushes and speedball tips!) Found half of them and looking for the rest.
5. Reboot “The Thank You Postcard Project”. Next?
As you can see, I didn’t quite get anywhere which is sad. But hey, the week saw me playing Florence Nightingale for the first part, and then everything just got thrown out of whack (schedule-wise) with backlog at work and all. So I will not complicate things by creating a new list and will instead stick to this one. Again, trying to keep it simple. That is the whole point, after all, of doing the list. It is supposed to help me focus on 5 tasks that will help me feel that the weekend and the succeeding week turns out to be productive.
I have gotten some new comments on my most read posts which deserve a Feedback on Feedback blogpost, but I want to be able to sit down on this and write — as in really write — a thoughtful blogpost. Thank you to those who have written, and again, if email is easier, please e-mail me at pinaynewyorker @ gmail.com . (I still get e-mails at pinay_newyorker @ yahoo.com but I hardly check that account.)
It’s a gorgeous Friday in Manhattan and I am so tempted to stay later and run around, but I have things I need to take care of before the evening comes upon us on this side of the world. It’s been a very hectic week for me and I am looking to recharge (hopefully) this weekend. Maybe tick off a thing or two from the list above. Wish me luck. If I had my way, I’d be in the park with everyone else, chilling in the shade and just enjoying the afternoon breeze. But work awaits and I just can’t — not today. It’s one of those days that leave me pining for a 3 day weekend which I know would never be enough.
Enjoy it, wherever you may be. Have fun and try to do the things that make you happy. Just be.
Happy Friday, everyon!