Five goals. Five tasks. Five things I hope to do over a cold, cold weekend up ahead.
So two Fridays ago, I wrote my first Friday Five post for the year. I wasn’t too keen about a follow up the following week because the truth of the matter was, I was distracted over the weekend and didn’t get much done. But before I write the next, I thought I owed myself a quick rundown as a reminder to work harder on this.
1. Work on the destash. Identify 5 items to give away and clear out some of the junk in my room. – The closet is an ongoing project so this did get done.
2. Go through my shoe rack. This is a rather emotional issue for me which I will work harder on. Maybe this week?
3. Write a letter. I actually started writing one but didn’t quite get anywhere. Definitely this weekend!
4. Finish three pieces for the shop. Blame it on the art journaling. This was totally an epic fail.
5. Pack away. Off the list! I actually got to a good start.. and then…
So that was the recap. What’s for the next weekend?
1. Continue with the destash. (Yay!)
2. Go through the shoe rack and throw at least 3 pairs that need to go to the shoe grave.
3. Letters and cards that need to be written and sent.
4. One piece for the shop. I thought I’d keep the goal modest to actually make it a reality.
5. Sort and store the cards I got from the Papyrus closing out sale. Sad. Those who know me well know that I have a thing for paper.. and make up.. but Papyrus is all about paper. As they cleaned out their shelves on their last day yesterday, the branch here in Grand Central sold the cards for 10 cents each. I looked at Father’s Day cards not to give or sell but for the components on the card I could maybe use in crafting. It was scrapbooking and mixed media heaven for me. And now I have to sort and put them away so that my holiday cardsy can be ready for Christmas. (Yes, and I regretted having bought my boxed cards for next Christmas when they went on sale.. )
Fridays nowadays always make me think of sleep.. and more sleep. And yet I cannot even get myself to nap anymore. I have been throwing away a lot of stuff so I know I am making progress in getting my topsy-turvy world in a bit of order. I am hopeful it will be a productive weekend for me.
Happy Friday, everyone!